Chicken and Rice Casserole
This was inspired by a recipe I found in my grandmother’s recipe box after she passed away. It’s perfect when you're crunched for time but need a healthy, hearty meal. Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2 whole organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1 ½ cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 3 carrots - chopped
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper - chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons organic chicken bullion
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cups white wine
- 1 jalapeno pepper - diced (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a bowl, dissolve the bullion in the boiling water.
In a casserole dish, stir together the rice, carrots, onion and bell pepper, as well as the paprika and salt. Pour in the water with bullion. Lay the chicken breasts on top. Pour the white wine over the top.
[optional] Sprinkle the jalapeno pepper over the top.
Bake covered at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Also on The Organic Center’s blog Mission Organic Made Easy